For general media inquiries, please contact Marc Lovicott, Executive Director of Communications, at 608-263-2333 or email@example.com. After regular business hours, contact UWPD dispatch at 608-264-2677.
- 12:36 pm, Burglary, SMI. Contacted person who reported a microwave, mini fridge, chair, and totes taken from their locked office sometime between 11/5/23 and 11/29/23. Items located by Building Manager, no further action.
- 4:21 pm, Information, McBurney Resource Center. Received mandatory report (EO54) from the department of admissions.
- 4:43 pm, Theft/Larceny, Red Gym. Contacted person who reported their Diamondback Mason bicycle ($1000) was taken without their permission from the west side bike racks by the Red Gym.
- 8:50 pm, Medical/Alcohol/Detox Conveyance, Local hospital. Contacted person after they left local hospital due to the extended wait time.
- 2:04 am, Underage Alcohol Violation, Residence Hall. Contacted person after a housefellow reported them incapacitated in their bed.
Safety and security are literally at your fingertips at UW-Madison, thanks to a brand-new app. The UW-Madison Police Department has officially launched BadgerSAFE – a safety app that aims to keep the campus community informed …August 23, 2023
By: Officer Jeff Kirchman I recently attended a presentation by crime prevention expert John DiPietro of the Ohio Crime Prevention Association (OCPA). According to DePietro, effective crime prevention can be boiled down to five simple …November 11, 2023
On average, 60 people are killed and 6,000 are injured in Wisconsin each winter in accidents when roads are covered in ice, snow, and slush. It’s important for all of us to prepare for the …November 11, 2023
By: Sgt. Jake Lepper This certainly wasn’t my favorite thing to write. Many of you will probably wonder why I wrote it at all. I can promise you I would not have taken the time …October 14, 2023
- More UWPD news